29 September 2011

Editing - match on action/shot-reverse shot/180 degree rule, practice.

In today's lesson, I learned how to edit sequences so that I can create match on action sequences. In our groups of three, we also got a task of recreating a scene of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, specifically the poker game scene. In our groups, we were meant to shoot a series of still shots that would create a match on action effect - in other words, the effect of continuity of the shot. I think it is also important to add that match on action effect did not come up in the original sequence, which was even more challenging for us as we needed to come up with our own idea for it. On the left there is the original sequence that we then had to recreate using match on action effect, (sequence starts at 1:54)


Whilst two other members of my group were selecting the 9 frames of the Poker Game sequence and rearranging them so that they would make sense in our own sequence, I was setting up the camera equipment. I set up a tripod, and rewinded the tape inside the camera. Then I needed to arrange the actors (members of my group) into appropriate positions for the scene and I started shooting the series of still shots. Then we had to edit the shots together, and cut the match on action shots together so that they made sense. 
(the sequence will be added on when finished editing)

No comments:

Post a Comment